New white paper describes roadmap to revamping games
PHOENIX (June 10, 2019) - The Arizona Lottery is pleased to share its latest white paper, “Growing Incremental Revenue with Fast Play”, detailing the development of the all new Fast Play line of games into a successful $20 million product line.
The 31-page research document describes, from inception to execution, the strategies behind the Arizona Lottery’s efforts to grow revenue and return to beneficiaries within the constraints of tribal gaming compacts and state statutes. Readers will learn about:
- The five-step process that took this idea from focus groups to its first jackpots.
- The innovative education program, targeting millennial retail employees, that maximized buy-in from both players and retailers.
- The enhancements made to the user interface, vastly improving the players’ experience.
- The changes made to prize matrices and multiple opportunities to win that increased both the number of wins and the bottom-line return to the Lottery.
- The comprehensive statewide traditional and social media campaign that vaulted this line into player awareness.
Readers will also be able to examine detailed charts, tables and original game development documents that will provide insight into the entire process that allowed the Arizona Lottery to lift a game that generated $7.5 million in revenue over four years into one that generated over $20 million in its first year!
“This is excellent information for people at every level of Lottery,” Arizona Lottery Products and Marketing Deputy Director Chris Rogers said, “The transition of this game line into a vital and vibrant revenue stream for our beneficiaries is truly amazing and may serve as a model for other lotteries looking to grow their incremental revenue.”
Money from the Arizona Lottery funds more than a dozen state-run programs that benefit residents across Arizona, from the higher education infrastructure, to habitat acquired to protect and promote our unique and iconic wildlife, to advocating for children caught up in the court system.
Fast Play’s success is also contributing to FY2019’s record return to the Arizona Lottery’s beneficiary programs, projected to reach $220 million, thanks to our players and valued retail partners.