PHOENIX (October 30, 2018) – No one is more deserving of our praise and admiration than our veterans and on Friday, November 9, the Arizona Lottery is hosting its first-ever Veterans’ Day Celebration! We’ll have free food, pull-tab and Scratchers® tickets for veterans (with proof of service) and we are unveiling a new shuttle-bus, donated by the Lottery to the Jerry Ambrose Veterans Council, for Northern Arizona veterans who need help traveling to the VA Hospital in Phoenix.
When: 11:00 am to 2:00 pm (Crews should arrive 15 minutes prior to set up)
Where: The Arizona Lottery
4740 E. University Dr.
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Speakers at this incredible and moving event include:
- Arizona Lottery Executive Director Gregg Edgar
- Arizona Veterans’ Services Deputy Director John Scott
- Former VA Hospital Worker & Phoenix Veterans’ Day Parade Organizer Paula Pedene
- Jerry Ambrose Veterans Council President Pat Farrell
“We are so excited and proud to assist our treasured veterans obtain the quality healthcare they have all earned in their service to our country,” Arizona Lottery Executive Director Gregg Edgar said, “This is a tremendous opportunity for us to give back to those who have sacrificed so much for us and we hope many will Arizonans join is in this celebration of their service!”
This investment by the Arizona Lottery is just a small part of the more than $4 billion The Arizona Lottery and our retail partners have generated for vital programs and services across our state since 1981. Last fiscal year, alone, the Arizona Lottery transferred almost $212 million to 13 beneficiaries administering 18 programs across the state. These include:
- Court Appointed Special Advocates, or CASA volunteers, advocating for abused and neglected children in court.
- The Arizona Game & Fish Department’s Heritage Fund, protecting Arizona’s unique and diverse wildlife.
- The University Bond Fund, allowing ASU, NAU and the UofA to build critical research and academic expansions while also maintaining older buildings.
The fun starts at 11:00 am and this event is free and open to the public.
Scratchers® is a registered service mark of the California Lottery.