What is Pick 3?
Pick 3 is a draw game where you try to pick one or two sets of three-digit numbers that match the winning numbers drawn to win a prize.
Ticket Price: $1
Drawings: Mondays through Sundays
What is a Play Type?
The Play Type is the way you choose to play your numbers and determines the amount you can win. When purchasing a ticket, you will choose your numbers first then choose your Play Type.
You can choose from six Play Types:
- Straight – Select any three numbers. They must match the winning numbers in exact order to win.
- Box 3-Way – Two of the three numbers you select must be the same. Your numbers can match the winning numbers in any order to win.
- Box 6-Way – All three of the numbers you select must be different. Your numbers can match the winning numbers in any order to win.
- Straight/Box – Select any three numbers. They can match in exact order or any order to win but an exact match has a higher prize.
- Front Pair – Select any three numbers. Your first two numbers must match the winning numbers in exact order to win.
- Back Pair – Select any three numbers. Your last two numbers must match the winning numbers in exact order to win.
How to Purchase Tickets and Play
How to Purchase a Ticket
Find an Arizona Lottery retailer. Pick tickets costs $1 per game (1-play and 2-play) and are available for purchase at the counter of Arizona Lottery Retailers and at Arizona Lottery vending machines. Tickets cannot be purchased online.
How to Choose Your Numbers
There are two ways to choose numbers:
To let the computer select the numbers for you, choose a Quick Pick on the vending machine or tell the cashier you want a Quick Pick at the time of your purchase.
To choose your own numbers, fill out a selection slip or tell the cashier. Pick one or two sets of three-digit numbers (000 – 999).
How to Choose Your Play Type
Tell the cashier which one of the six play types you would like to play (Straight, Box 3-Way, Box 6-Way, Straight/Box, Front Pair or Back Pair).
How to Check the Winning Numbers
- Phoenix: 480.829.7425
- Tucson: 520.325.9141
- All Other Areas: 800.499.3798
How to Claim Your Winnings
$1 - $599 Prizes
All Arizona Lottery retailers will redeem prizes up to $100, and may redeem prizes up to $599. Find a Location
Pick 3 FAQs
What are the odds of winning Pick 3?
It depends on the Play Type you select. View the complete list of odds.
When are Pick 3 drawings held?
Drawings are held Monday through Sunday evenings.
How often can I play my numbers?
You can play your numbers for up to 12 consecutive drawing dates on the same ticket. Just tell the cashier at the time of your purchase or mark the Number of Draws box on your selection slip.
How long do I have to claim a prize?
For draw game tickets, 180 days from the date of the draw. Once a ticket has expired, it cannot be redeemed even if it is a winner.
*Sales stop on draw nights at 6:59 p.m. Arizona time.
**The Arizona State Lottery official audited records of the numbers that were drawn will determine the winner rather than the numbers televised or published on the web. Drawing prizes must be claimed within 180 days of the drawing.
***All sales are final. Drawing game tickets cannot be voided.